Job Purpose and Position Overview:
This role will be responsible for handling first level support of service requests. This relates to all technology, to include: workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor specific hardware and software.
Specific Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- - Work with our clients primarily in the Phoenix area to support desktop, server and network issues.
- - Work with team to effectively manage, maintain, and implement small-to-medium business customer’s networks. Including but not limited to switches, routers, security solutions, backup & disaster recovery (BDR) appliances, Windows servers, and content filtering solutions and appliances.
- - Act as primary point of contact for troubleshooting both the business customer’s voice and data networks, as well as serve as liaison for technical contacts for the business customer’s network. Possess the ability to effectively describe problems or needs in order to resolve problems in a timely manner.
- - Proactive monitoring of applications and services using Remote Monitoring and Management tools to ensure high availability and to meet service level agreements.
- - Provide timely customer support in a pleasant and helpful manner.
- - Conduct research on emerging hardware/software products and standards including return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid and justify recommendations to management for purchasing and implementation efforts.
- - Compile and maintain inventory of company enterprise software and hardware for the purpose of tracking their corresponding licenses.
- - Offer suggestions to update and improve policy & procedure and standard operating procedures as necessary.
- - Handle all information, whether written or verbal, in a confidential and professional manner and in compliance with HIPAA and/or PCI standards and regulations.
- - Answer helpdesk support calls and respond to proactive network alerts.
- - Setup, manage and monitor data backup systems for clients.
- - Enter ticket information into company ticketing system.
- - Ability to learn to provide support for a wide variety of platforms and systems.
- - Troubleshoot, support and repair LAN connectivity issues including managed switches, firewall/routers, and advanced wireless networks.
- - Remotely respond to alerts, resolve server/network issues remotely and efficiently.
- - Support new installations and migrations.
- - Identify ways to improve clients’ systems and infrastructure (upgrades to hardware, software, and network).
- - Work with team to perform network administration including supporting file and print services, Exchange Server and Active Directory management.
- - Manage internal IT management software system, patch management tools and PSA tools
- - Setup PCs, Servers and other network equipment
- - Act as mentor to Level I techs to include answering questions and providing guidance on when to escalate tickets
- - Provide support to sales for on-site network investigation for solution design
- - Ability to analyze, make decisions and solve problems
- - Meet the performance goals established by your direct supervisor
- - Read, understand, and follow all company and job related policies and procedures
- - Attend required company and departmental meetings
- - Perform other related duties as assigned by direct supervisor
- - Associate’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- - Advanced working knowledge of Windows desktop operating systems (7, 8, and 10), Windows server operating systems (2008 R2, 2012 R2, and 2016), and Microsoft Office (2007, 2010, 2013, 2016) and Microsoft Office 365.
- - Experience with cloud infrastructure migration and management.
- - Strong technical ability and troubleshooting skills.
- - LAN/WAN Networking support skills.
- - Exceptional communication and customer facing skills.
- - Have a high degree of demonstrated professionalism.
- - Be able to excel in a fast paced team environment.
- - The ability to travel to Phoenix based customer sites and work after normal business hours.
- - A valid driver’s license, vehicle insurance, and reliable licensed automobile.
- - Ability to pass a drug and background test.
- - High-energy, self-motivated, well-organized
- - Ability to function within and contribute to a positive, team oriented environment
- - Must have ability to communicate and present effectively
- - Ability to read, write and speak English fluently
Measures of Performance:
- - Company satisfaction scores as measured by fellow teammates and clients. This includes communication, attitude, serving others, and insuring that all paperwork is forwarded to the company in an accurate and timely manner. Conducts him/herself in a professional manner and meets or exceeds customer expectations
- - Training objectives achieved as requested. These will be defined in the first few months of employment and may be adapted as the industry requirements change
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- - MCP certification
- CompTIA Certifications: A+, Network+, Server+, Security+ and others
☒Normal Office ☒Heavy work (lift 30-50 lbs.)
☐Light work (lift 10 lbs.) ☐Very heavy work (lift over 50 lbs.)
☐Medium work (lift 11-30 lbs.)
☒Other physical requirements (note):
- - The employee frequently is required to sit for extended periods of time and use hands to operate computer keyboard, telephone and basic office equipment
- - While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear
- - Ability to drive company owned or personal vehicle
Mental Requirements: (as presently performed to accomplish essential functions)
☒Reading, Writing, Calculating
☒Social Interaction Skills
☒Works with Minimal Supervision
☐Other Mental Requirements (note):
Ability to effectively speak, read and write English
Spectrum Technology Solutions does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.